WELCOME, POTENTIAL VOLUNTEER!
As a non-profit center with ever-increasing needs, we could not function without the assistance of our Volunteers.
The donation of your valuable time is deeply appreciated. We look forward to having you as part of our team!
We are open to new ideas and volunteers who want to lead new groups and activities.
Please ask about internship and/or work-experience through SRJC or SSU.
- Receptionist: Answering phone, welcoming members & visitors, providing information about Center. Also assisting with office tasks such as filing and photocopying. Under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant.
- Computer/Career Lab Assistant: Helping to teach computer basics, keeping lab data, assisting with members job searches, and with finding community assistance resources for them. Under the supervision of the Computer Lab Coordinator.
- Art Room Assistant: Finding & managing arts and crafts materials for members, cleaning & upkeep, supporting members in creative exploration. Under the supervision of the Art Director.
- Garden Assistant: Help members prepare and maintain garden. Includes hoeing, planting, weeding, & harvesting. Under the supervision of the Garden Project Coordinator.
- Maintenance: Cleaning & upkeep of Center. May include wiping tables, sweeping, coffee preparation, emptying trash, etc. Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator.
- Office Assistant: Filing, copying, data entry, and organizing materials. Under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant and/or Program Coordinator.
- Peer Specialist: Intern position for individuals trained in peer counseling and community resource referrals. Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator.
- Task Management: Completing specific designated tasks such as painting signs, building shelves, arranging special events, etc. Supervision specific to task type.
- Outreach Volunteer: Taking and distributing flyers, pamphlets, brochures and information about the Wellness Center to other agencies in the community. Under the supervision of the Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Instructing/Facilitating Groups: Sharing your expertise, interests and passions with our community by facilitating short-term or ongoing groups at the Center. Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator.
The Wellness and Advocacy Center
2245 Challenger Way #104 Santa Rosa, Ca 95407
Phone: 707-565-7800 Fax: 707-565-7838